Monday, July 7, 2008

Norton Comes Around


It has been a month since Koko arrived and Norton has finally decided to be friends! The two are playing like they've been BFFs all along: joint galloping, play fighting, paw batting, and there was even a little bit of washing each other.


Meanwhile, I have been working in the garden instead of doing much Library 2.0 stuff. I greatly expanded my garden this year and need to fill it with new things: lots of new iris, several new Asiatic and day lilies, and my first-ever yarrow and coneflower.


I have been doing some Library 2.0 stuff at work. Besides the Researchers Notebook blog, we are working on starting a new general library & archives blog. The designer and I are tinkering with the images that should be used. But I did finally get the general library & archives e-newsletter launched the last day of June. The big thing there was getting a new webpage to feature some of the latest book aquisitions, which takes advantage of the new books I enter in LibraryThing because that's where I pull the images from. (See the MHS Library New Books widget at the bottom on the left-hand side of this blog, after my personal library widget.) The State Archives acquisitions page already existed, but I would like to get a manuscripts acquisitions page started, too.


Come to think of it, I've done more Library 2.0 things than I realized. I have also created a new Minnesota facts and symbols webpage to replace our old handout. We decided to let the handout run out and go with just the webpage. Because of the link from the State Photograph to Eric Enstrom in the MN150 wiki–the entry had been just the nomination and nothing else–I had to research and write up something on Mr. Enstrom. That meant creating an account and learning how to use that wiki (they're all just a wee bit different!). It still needs a little bit of work, but at least there is now something substantive there.

No comments: