Friday, July 25, 2008

Timelines and Updates

Thanks to the SpellboundBlog, I've found a cool new "thing"--creating timelines on Dipity. I have started a timeline for "Minnesota History." So far it doesn't have a lot on it (only 36 "events"), and only one image, but I set it up so the whole reference department can add to it so I hope it will grow quickly.

I really want to find as many actual dates (month and day, not just year) as possible because that's what History Day students (and others) need to find newspaper articles because most newspapers aren't indexed.

The Library & Archives blog at work finally got launched this week and already has two "real" posts. Check it out. Both the new blog and the new Library & Archives News e-newsletter also have links from the webpages, which is always good if you want people to find them!

No comments: