Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Twitter is the New RSS

I've got to admit that I really empathize with what Roy Tennant is saying in his LibraryJournal blog entry of August 31, 2009. He starts with: "After going a full six weeks without reading my blog aggregator, I have to wonder what's up."

I have to confess that's it's been a lot longer that six weeks since I looked at my aggregator! It's one of those things I promised to do when I took the 23 Things program, but I knew back then that it was probably the least likely thing I would keep up with.

Twitter wasn't included in the first set of 23 Things on a Stick, so I can't say what I would have thought of Twitter back then as a replacement for RSS. But I've got to agree with Roy again when he says that Twitter acts as a secondary filter: "If your blog post is good, people will tweet or retweet it."

Food for thought.

No comments: