Friday, February 5, 2010

Meebo Me

I've just become a convert to Meebo. Had always wondered about it. We had wanted to put it on our catalog so frustrated users could ask questions and we could answer immediately, but our IT department refused to let us have it.

So now I know how easy it is to use! I've linked up all of my Facebook friends and added a few "buddies." Had some very short chats and several longs ones. It's fairly easy to guide someone to a place on your website, or wherever (you can copy in URLs). Good idea to ask them to let you know when they get where you've sent them so you don't get too far ahead with your directions before you find out that they're lost.

I've also discovered that it's a good idea to watch the bottom of the dialog box to see if the other person is typing or not. Several times I was writing something at the same time the other person was and our messages would cross. Gets a little confusing to carry on two conversations at once!

No comments: